- Follow Hill towns of Le Marche, Italy on WordPress.com
- Palazzi nobiliari di Corinaldo/Corinaldo's historic houses.
- The Englishwoman in Corinaldo; a personal take
- More about Giovanni Santi, the artist Raphael’s father
- The Englishwoman dines and listens to old favourites in Corinaldo at I Tigli
- Young Italians abandon la dolce vita to move to Britain - Telegraph
- Surviving mosquitoes in Italy.
- Ancient Rome Archaeology Architecture Borghi dell'entroterra Churches Corinaldo Entertainment Festa Food and drink Francesco di Giorgio Martini Frescoes Giovanni Santi Hill towns History of Art Libraries Museum Museums Raphael Religious art Renaissance Renaissance paintings Romanesque Churches St Francis Survival Theatre Tourism Unification of Italy Urbino Vacation Where to eat
TagsAnnunciation Arts Cagli Corinaldo Duke Federigo di Montefeltro Giovanni Santi Hill town IMU Italy Le Marche Living in Italy Macerata Marche Matteo Principi Mondavio Music National Gallery Osteria de Scuretto Ostra Vetere Palazzo Ducale Urbino Perugino Raphael Roman Rome Senigallia Suasa travel Urbino vacation Vino Lacrima di Morro d'Alba
Category Archives: Francesco di Giorgio Martini
If one day you just can’t face yet another pre-Renaissance holy picture, give the Ducal Palace (Galleria Nazionale delle Marche) a miss (I’m assuming you’ve seen the Pieros and the Raphael and the Studiolo and the Justus of Ghent/Pedro Berruguete portrait … Continue reading
Autumn, however mild and bright, can be a melancholy season here in Le Marche, especially in an ex-casa colonica (farmhouse) like ours, with small windows and thick walls. How much more so in Urbino, high up, inland and chilly as … Continue reading